I never thought of making cake decorations other than whip cream :). Now since I have a 10 month old baby, I thought of how many birthdays will I be go through and preparing for so I wanted to make him something nice and special so I started with making the fondant.
– Small bag of Marshmallows
– Sugar Powder
– Crisco or Ghee
How to Prepare:
– Put the marshmallows in a microwavable bowl.
– Add a half tablespoon of water to the marshmallows and put in the microwave for 30 seconds then stir.
– Repeat every 30 seconds for about 2 minutes.
– Spread some crisco on a clean surface.
– Put some sugar powder on top of the crisco.
– After 2 minutes of melting the marshmallows in the microwave, add them on top of the sugar powder and knead all together after greasing your hands with crisco.
– Keep kneading until you have the perfect dough (add some sugar powder and crisco to it if it is sticky).
– Shape it in a ball then wrap with cling wrap after greasing with crisco and keep in the fridge or the freezer depending on when you want to use.