Why did I make cinnamon rolls? I used to have the best cinnamon rolls at a cafe on the pearl (Doha). One day, all of the cafes were removed from that area. I had to make my own outrageous cinnamon rolls 🙂
– 4 ¼ cups of flour
– 1 ¼ cup of milk
– 1 tbsp of yeast
– ¼ cup of melted butter
– ¼ cup of sugar
– 1 tsp of salt
– 1 egg
– Brown sugar
– Ground cinnamon
How to Prepare:
Start with warming the milk in the microwave for about 45 seconds, then add the yeast to the milk and stir well to activate the yeast.
- Using a large bowl add the flour, sugar, salt and the melted butter and stir all together.
- Add the milk/yeast mix to the bowl and knead all together for few minutes then add the egg and keep kneading until it forms dough. (P.S. if the dough is little sticky add ¼ cup of flour) Place the dough in another bowl after greasing it and cover it so the dough gets warm and rises. (this will take about 30 minutes to rise).
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface to flatten the dough. Roll the dough until it becomes a circle shape and ½ cm thick.
- Brush the dough with melted butter leaving a ¼ of an inch on the top without butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, normal sugar and ground cinnamon on the dough evenly as desired.
- Start rolling the dough from bottom to the top similar to rolling a cigar 🙂
- Cut the roll into a ¼ of inch thick slices. Grease an oven sheet and place the slices on it leaving a small space between rolls.
- Let it rest for about 30 minutes then bake it at 350 F for 30 minutes.
Icing the rolls:
Whisk ½ cup of powdered sugar with half and half until it becomes a thick paste.