Today we will learn how to make “the Pizza of the Middle East”.
-Half pound of Ground Beef
– One Diced Tomato
– Half Diced Onion
– Salt & Pepper (I use sweet all spice)
– Two cups of Flour
– One cup of warm water
– One tablespoon of Yeast
– Two tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
How to Prepare:
– Put the flour in bowl (preferably plastic).
– Add the vegetable oil and salt to the flour.
– Mix the yeast in the cup of warm water. Do this until the yeast dissolves.
– Add the water and yeast mix into the bowl.
– Using your hand, mix all the ingredients in the bowl together.
– Start kneading the dough until it turns into one piece of sticky dough.
– Warm the dough by covering the bowl towels and/or blanket. The dough must get to 85F. Keep covered for 20 minutes. It is now ready to use.
– Mix the ground beef with the tomato and the onion then add a dash of salt and pepper.
– Squeeze the mixture until all dry so it doesn’t get the dough wet.
– Take a small piece of the dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough (put some flour on the rolling pin and surface so the dough does not stick) and flatten into a circle.
– Add a tablespoon of the mixture over the dough and spread it evenly leaving a quarter inch on the edges.
– Pre-Heat the oven to a 450F/250C.
– Place the pies on a baking sheet after greasing the sheet with some vegetable oil to prevent them from sticking.
– Bake the meat pies for about 15 minutes.