Waraq Inab” is Arabic for Grape Leaves. You probably had this tasty treat in a local Lebanese or Greek restaurant. But I guarantee you that it will never taste the same after following my recipe. This is a great, healthy meal that does not disappoint.
Ingredients (Serving for two):
– 1 Cup of White Rice
– 1/4 pound of Ground Beef
– 28 counts of Grape Leaves
– One tablespoon of Butter
– Sweet All Spice Pepper
– One cube of Chicken Bullion (or Chicken Stock)
How to Prepare:
– Soak the grape leaves in cold water for 10 minutes (this gets rid of the salt)
– Meanwhile, mix the rice and the ground beef with some pepper and salt.
– Melt the butter then pour over the rice and beef, then mix all togather well.
– Take a spoonful of the beef and rice and place on one grape leave. Then, wrap the grape leave, making sure that it fully wraps so that no rice or chop meat will fall out. Do this with each grape leaf.
– Place some plain leaves on the bottom of a cooking pot. Then, place the stuffed leaves over it . (You should stack each one next to each other, extremely close. There should be no spaces).
– Place a dish above the grape leaves, with a water filled bowl on top of it to help keep the stuffed grape leaves together.
– Add water to the pot till it covers all of the grape leaves and a half inch above it.
– Add a pinch of salt to the pot.
– Turn on the burner to medium heat. When it starts to boil, add the chicken bouillon and lower the flame to low for 60 minutes.
– Once cooked, squeeze the lemon and add to the pot and let it sit for 5 minutes.
You are now ready to eat a great meal!